Open Fist Theatre Company and Artistic Director Martha Demson have created a relaxed speakeasy setting for their latest show at the Atwater Village Theatre. “What Matters Now?/! (Another Political Pop-Up of the Theatrical Kind)” brings to the stage works by 11 playwrights from around the country who have something to say about our nation’s social and political climate and how the past year has affected us.
Arrive early or stay late, lounging on the comfy chairs and sofas and soaking in the atmosphere. Have a drink and chat with the cast. There will be a lot of fodder for conversation!
The playwrights featured are: Jaisey Bates, Dorothea Cahan, Cary Gitter, Brett Hursey, Timothy Mooney, Jessica Moss, Bonnie Ratner, Eric Henry Sanders, Bara Swain, Amanda Weier and Natalie Zutter.
Culture Spot LA readers can win a pair of tickets to any show! Email email@example.com with your choice of date.
Performances March 15 – April 6
• Fridays at 8 p.m.: March 15, March 22, March 29, April 5
• Saturdays at 8 p.m.: March 16, March 23, March 30, April 6
• Sundays at 7 p.m.: March 17, March 24, March 31
(Doors open one hour prior to show time so you can enjoy the relaxed, speakeasy setting.)
Atwater Village Theatre, 3269 Casitas Ave., LA 90039
(FREE parking in the Atwater Xing lot one block south of the theater)
INFORMATION AND TICKETS:
(323) 882-6912 or www.openfist.org
• Fridays: $20 with advance purchase, $25 at the door
• Saturdays and Sundays: $25 with advance purchase, $30 at the door